DS + FAQs
1. How do I make my rental booking?
You can make your booking by clicking on the DS Rent button on the homepage of your MyDS app. Alternatively, you can make the booking online here.
2. How quickly can I get my second car delivered and picked up?
We require 48 hours’ notice for bookings. However, we appreciate that sometimes a need for a second car will come up at less than 48 hours’ notice. Should this happen, please call your local retailer, and they will look to help where possible.
3. What are the hygiene measures in place re: COVID-19?
We follow all government guidelines strictly with regards social distancing and hygiene measures.
4. Is there a limit to how many times I can rent a car?
No, you can rent a car from us as many times as you want. The maximum duration is 28 days before you would need to hand the vehicle back and re-book a car.
5. Is there a limit to how long I'm allowed to hold onto a rented car?
Yes, there is a maximum length of 28 days per booking.
6. What is the insurance excess?
The standard insurance excess payment is £500. However, there is the option to pay £10 per day and reduce this to £100.
7. Can I trade in an old DS and get a discounted rate for this offer on a new one?
Yes – our retailers will offer competitive part exchange valuations as part of this service. For a free, no-obligation valuation of your current vehicle(s), please complete this request form and one of our retailers will get back to you: https://forms.dsautomobiles.co.uk/ds/ds-plus-enquiry
8. Can I choose which DS I want on demand?
Yes – you can choose from the vehicles available on the service subject to availability.
9. What happens if I need a bigger car and there are none available?
In these instances, please call/contact your retailer and whilst we can’t promise, they will look to find a solution for you.
10. I need a car Saturday morning - what's the latest I can put my request in?
If you needed a car from 9am Saturday, we would ideally request that you book your car by Wednesday evening. However we would accept bookings until 9am Thursday morning.
11. My local dealership is 45 miles away - what do I do if I'm unable to use the Click and Collect service?
There is a collection and delivery service available. However, please check your local DS retailer’s terms and conditions as they set the parameters for the maximum distance they’ll offer the collection and delivery service. We recommend phoning them or asking the question here: https://forms.dsautomobiles.co.uk/ds/ds-plus-enquiry
12. Which models are available on the scheme? Will DS 4 and DS 9 be part of it when they launch?
The models available are flexible subject to demand and availability at each retailer. For now, most retailers will have a DS 3 CROSSBACK available and many will have a DS 7 CROSSBACK available.
13. Will the higher spec models cost more i.e. can I rent the DS 7 CROSSBACK with sunroof?
There is a flat rate for a DS 3 CROSSBACK and DS 7 CROSSBACK at each retailer to provide a simple, easy to understand pricing and booking process.
14. Is there a digital price list / brochure?
To find out the current prices at your local retailer, please see our booking process here. Alternatively, please complete the following enquiry form and one of our retailers will be in touch with you: https://forms.dsautomobiles.co.uk/ds/ds-plus-enquiry
15. Is it possible to include accessories such as a bike rack and roof box for activity weekends?
This isn’t a service we currently offer, but if we get high customer demand in the future, we will reflect on how we might incorporate this service into DS +.
16. Can I collect the rental DS from my local Citroen dealership?
No, you can only collect your DS rental vehicle from your local DS Retailer.
17. Does this scheme work in conjunction with Motability? Can the second car be adapted to meet my needs?
If you drive a DS car through the Motability scheme, then you can access DS + and the 20% discount we offer. However, we can’t guarantee that the rental cars can be adapted to meet your needs.
18. Is it a requirement to valet the car before returning it? Do we have to cover the cost ourselves if so?
Whilst we of course request that you respect the vehicle and treat it as if it were your own, there is no need to valet the car before returning it.
19. Are there any additional offers/services included in DS +?
As well as DS +, if you purchase a new DS you will also benefit from the following services:
Warranty – every DS comes with a three year, sixty thousand mile warranty.
DS 24 Hour Assistance – whether it’s a road accident, technical trouble or something as common as a flat tyre, we’ve got it covered Petrol and diesel models are covered for3 years starting from date of first registration. Electric and hybrid vehicles benefit from 8 years cover from date of first registration (or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first).
DS Only You – an exclusive program offering a collection of services that have been personalised and adapted for your every need.
DS Club Privilege – part of DS Only You and open for only those that drive a DS, DS Club Privilege is a unique collection of premium services and events provided by a hand-picked collection of partners.
20. What happens if we decide to stay an extra day on holiday? Can we easily extend the rental?
The duration of the rental is as per the agreed booking dates. Where such an instance occurs, please contact your supplying retailer, and whilst we can make no promises, we will always do our best to accommodate your needs.
21. I'm a new driver (6 months) - can I use this service?
In order to use this service, you must have held a valid UK driving licence for a year, be over 23 years old, not have any prior convictions for drink-driving for a period of 4 years before the rental. Full terms and conditions are available here.
22. I'd really like to try one of your E-TENSE models - are they available on DS +?
This will vary retailer by retailer. Where you have a specific request for an E-TENSE electrified model, please contact your retailer and whilst it will be subject to availability, where possible, they will look to provide you with one to experience our fantastic E-TENSE technology.