Our commitment to sustainable mobility
Our approach to sustainable developments in mobility aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, protect natural resources and develop new environmentally friendly behaviour around transport.
ENERGY EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGY
Reducing our carbon footprint with innovation
E-TENSE: electric and hybrid by DS
E-TENSE is designed for the world of tomorrow and represents:
- The ultimate driving pleasure
- Maximum efficiency through energy regeneration
- Unimpeded mobility regardless of future regulations
PureTech petrol engines help you control your fuel consumption while boosting the performance of your DS.
Our engineers were able to achieve a significant reduction of fuel consumption by reducing the size and weight of our engines and incorporating innovative low friction materials.
BlueHDi technology is our range of diesel engines that are equipped with a next generation depollution system. Our 4 cylinder BlueHDi diesel engines are available in two different power ratings: 110 bhp & 130 bhp.
Real-world fuel consumption of DS cars
Stellantis and Bureau Veritas, an internationally recognised independent body, have ratified how the real-world fuel consumption for DS cars is measured.
Stellantis is making a commitment to its customers by publishing the real-world fuel consumption of all DS Brand models.
These results are derived from a test protocol , checked by Bureau Veritas¹. This reliable and repeatable protocol enables DS customers to measure their real-world fuel consumption. Inspired by the European Real Driving Emissions (RDE) project, the protocol measures fuel consumption using portable equipment fitted to the car (PEMS). Bureau Veritas, an internationally recognised independent body, guarantees the protocol, how it’s executed under approved conditions and certifies the accuracy and robustness of the results. The tests have been conducted on main roads that are open to traffic (25km in urban, 39km in extra urban and 31km on motorway) and in real-world driving conditions (using air-conditioning, weighed down with luggage and passengers, on inclines etc…).
A sustainable approach from the beginning
To answer the ecological challenge we are committed to limiting our environmental impact throughout our production process. At DS, we focus on using recycled products whenever we can. Our specialist recycling team makes every effort to guarantee materials are the best possible quality as well as having thermal and mechanical durability for optimal performance.
Integrated Product Responsibility Development
- Life cycle assessments
- Sustainable oriented material selection Production
- Use of recycled material (recyclates) Usage
- Dealership disposal (waste management)
- Spare parts Recovery
- Vehicle recovery
- De-pollution and pre-treatment
- EU ELV Directive
Our recovery network
Recycle your DS at the end of its life
Complying with the EU End of Life Vehicle regulations, DS Automobiles commits to limit waste production during its manufacturing process in addition to taking your car back at the end of its life. We have independent experts to guarantee that your old car will be recycled in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
You may only return your end-of-life DS for free if:
- The car has up to 9 seats or is a commercial vehicle of less than 3.5 tonnes
- The car was registered in the EU
- The major components are still on the car
- The car doesn’t contain any rubbish
- The car’s original paperwork is returned at the same time as the car
The authorised DS take-back partner will give you a Certificate of Destruction (CoD) when your end-of-life car is handed over. The CoD is proof that you have surrendered your car for recycling and are therefore no longer registered owner. You will be able to leave completely confident that your old car will be dismantled in an environmentally sound way.
The recovery process for your DS
1. Delivery We ask the last owner of the car to take it to an authorised recovery facility at the end of its life. After checking the car, the authorised recovery facility will issue a Certificate of Destruction (CoD).
2. Pre-Treatment and Depollution First of all the battery will be removed and the airbags neutralised. Our DS Partner will then drain off the remaining fuel and other fluids: engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid and air conditioning coolant.
3. Dismantling The next step consists of dismantling the components and mechanicals for reuse as spare parts or to be reconditioned. If materials such as plastic and glass are considered economically viable, they will also be recovered for recycling.
4. Storage Materials that are harmful to the environment are recovered and sent to companies that specialise in the recovery or disposal of waste.
5. Shredder The pre-treated hulks will be sent to a shredder which segregates the ELV into pieces and sorts the output into various fractions for further recycling or recovery.
6. Post Shredder Technology (PST) These segregated material fractions from the shredder are further processed with different technologies (magnet, eddy current, flotation) to obtain material fractions which can be used as valuable secondary raw materials.
7. Recyling / Recovery / Landfill Material fractions from the shredder and from the PST plant can be recycled (e.g. as replacement for coal in blast furnaces, dewatering means in the sewage sludge) or recovered in the cement industry. This process enables a recovery of 95% of the vehicle and reduces drastically the amount of remaining waste for landfill.
Eco driving for the environmentally responsible driver
REDUCE YOUR SPEED
6.2miles/h less = up to 2 litres less fuel over 62miles
100kg more in the boot = 5% more fuel consumption
CHECK YOUR TYRE PRESSURE
Under inflation by 0.5 bar = 2.4% extra fuel consumption
KEEP YOUR CAR WELL SERVICED
Oil change, air filter = up to 25% more fuel economy
Terms and Conditions
1 Global certification office for inspection, endorsement and laboratory testing
2 French federation of associations for the protection of nature and the environment
3 Global certification office for inspection, endorsement and laboratory testing