DS 7 CROSSBACK: DRIVEN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN PUBLIC ON OFFICIAL CEREMONIAL DUTIES
For his first journey as President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron chose to ride in the all-new DS 7 CROSSBACK, the very latest model of DS Automobiles that was revealed just two months ago. This ‘Presidential’ DS 7 CROSSBACK has been specially-personalised with an opening roof so the President could greet the French crowd on the Champs-Elysées.
DISCOVER THE PRESIDENTIAL DS 7 CROSSBACK IN ACTION
The DS brand is proud that DS7 CROSSBACK is the inauguration’s car of the new French President and that DS7 CROSSBACK is driven for the first time in public on an official ceremony just few months before its launch. With this historical moment, the DS brand, whose ambition is to embody both French know-how and innovation in the automotive industry, is pursuing the tradition of being the official car manufacturer of the French presidency. DS models are emblematic and have historical provenance, having been used many times on similar symbolic occasion with the 5th Republic.
'Presidential' DS 7 CROSSBACK details in brief
- The very first DS 7 CROSSBACK on the public roads : DS engineers and craftsmen worked on this unique Presidential car, 10 months before its public launch (first deliveries start in March 2018)
- Distinguished in a sumptuous Ink Blue paint finish, it features a custom- made opening roof, French Republic signature badging and a Tricolour flag holder
- The ‘Black Art’ Leather interior (named ‘Opera Inspiration’ after a district of Paris) is given a personalised decorative guilding created by specialist craftsmen
- The 20 inch wheels are personalised with finely-created golden features
- The 'Presidential' DS 7 CROSSBACK features most of the highly-technical equipment that will become available with this vehicle. Among them, DS CONNECTED PILOT, paving the way for autonomous driving, and DS ACTIVE SCAN SUSPENSION, the 21st century DS suspension system, which uses a camera to anticipate any bumps and undulations in the road surface to ensure the President and future occupants of this vehicle can enjoy a serene ride experience